[alt-photo] Re: SG drying/ferrotyping [WAS: Dmax for silver paper]

Globe Trotteur unglobetrotteur at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:44:45 GMT 2012

Guys, thanks for all the feedback. I have cleaned my arkay dryer with simichrome as mentionned. I had some in the garage for my motorcycle and i did not even know the name. The plate are really shiny now. Do i need to clean the plate between prints every time?I will try to order some oriental seagull FB glossy paper to test it.I assume that you can use a ferrotype dryer with FB glossy and it does not have to be RC.I will start with a soaked print in photoflo, squeegee it onto my cold plate and start with a little bit of heat to help the process.Do i have to close back the dryer with the canvas or can i just leave the print on the dryer by itself? Then, we'll see what I get.It may be a couple of weeks before I go back in the darkroomThanks.Pierre