[alt-photo] Re: sizing options for color gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 18 19:09:03 GMT 2012

I probably should add that a lot of my work is printed from either
pinhole or toy camera negatives, so edges are always a bit on the
fuzzy side, anyway-- certainly not tack-sharp with clearly defined
edges.  I have made prints from lens-based cameras, of course, that
are tack-sharp, and it still seems to work fine.  If there's any mis-
registration at all (and I used to get that with pre-shrinking
anyway), it's very very slight and easily manipulated.  I'm not really
sure why that paper doesn't shrink -- makes me think that it's not
completely organic in some way-- but maybe cotton in papers doesn't
work the same as cotton in clothes. ??