[alt-photo] Re: removing dust off the negatives, physically

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 19 13:43:18 GMT 2012

Hi Ryuji,

I have one of those brushes that I got many years ago, which I never
thought worked all that well.  What I now use, which seems to work
much better-- is one of those anti-static lens cleaning cloths.  I've
had several really nice ones from eyeglass places-- whenever I pick up
a new pair of eyeglasses, they give them to me.  They seem to work
great on negatives, and on the negative carrier itself.  I clean off
the scanner with it and then clean the negative with it, and then put
it in the holder.  I also use the "dust removal" on the scanner when I
scan.   I'm not sure how that works exactly, but it does work.  I
suspect it puts a slight blur on the image, though I've ever been able
to discern any difference in an image.

Diana