[alt-photo] Sawdust question

Stella Schneider stellaps at cableone.net
Thu Jul 19 15:54:41 GMT 2012

Marek,
I am curious to know how you use the sawdust to develop casein.
Stella

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:31:25 +0000
From: Marek Matusz <marekmatusz at hotmail.com>
To: alt photo <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: casein history

Interesting two big NO.

I thought that Fresson formula is a closely guarded secret of the family and
is not known in a greater photographic community. Is the definite NO from
actually knowing the formula or guessing it from old literature?

Even if the original Fresson formula does not contain any casein I am still
intrigued by the saw dust development of casein prints as casein likes
forced development more then gum does. I use a sprayer bottle with good
results. In reality my casein prints contain some gum (so they are
technically not pure casein) as I use watercolour pigments, not dry powder
pigments.

I just need a break in the rain here to drag my saw and generate some
sawdust.

Marek

> From: mineurdecharbon at skynet.be
> To: alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:44:30 +0200
> Subject: [alt-photo] Re: casein history
>
> I confirm no cas?in on the Fresson Carbon formula
> mineurdecharbon at skynet.be
> http://www.philippeberger.net/

Message: 6