[alt-photo] Re: casein

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sat Jun 23 13:54:20 GMT 2012

Hi Sam,
Have not located the booklet with Enos in it but that gives me something to look for. Gill wrote a history of the dichromated processes for the RPS but nothing about casein.

There was a Russell Cummings and a Stan Cummings in Enos' archives, both of whom he corresponded with about casein. Also a Paul Mathena.

Do you remember what inspired Enos to take up casein? He had to learn about it somewhere, and since his notes go back to 1958 I think, someone must have told him about it aside from coming across the patent. I know he was friends with a Louis Condax at Kodak.

His original source of casein was Borden. They made a couple he used. Protovac was one, which in his notes he says "no longer made." His notes were exacting but cryptic so sometimes it is hard to decipher his formulas.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com