[alt-photo] Re: Clerc and am fe citrate

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Tue Mar 6 20:19:28 GMT 2012

Peter

A couple of years ago you helpfully presented a method of making ferric
ammonium citrate (green) starting from ferric chloride.  I have been
thinking of trying it, as all my fac (bought as "green" from reputable
sources, but in some cases now a little old) is actually a dark khaki
colour.  Is that still "green" fac, or has it deteriorated at some point?

On a related topic, I have read that brown fac can be converted to green by
the addition of about 20% citric acid.  Is that right?

Thanks for your help

Don Sweet