[alt-photo] Instant film images on a convention center marquee

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Sun Oct 21 20:45:51 GMT 2012

Earlier in this past spring, I asked questions about instant films here, and I
did a little project... which actually grew into a marketing project for the
artists in Fort Point district of Boston. From Fujifilm FP3000B instant films,
paper negatives were salvaged and scanned with Epson V700 into Adobe DNG files,
and then post processed in Lightroom and Photoshop as usual, and shipped to the
graphic designer, who made the designs for the print materials (several editions
of posters, postcards, and program booklet) as well as animation that went on
the marquee of Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC).

https://vimeo.com/51864522

Scanned instant film actually looks very nice on the cover pages of booklet,
postcard and posters. The poster looks grainy but it is totally usable (much
more pleasant than enlargements from T-MAX P3200).

I thought to share with you because I don't think it's very common to expose
instant films and end up on huge screens.

Graphic art by:
http://www.jkali.com/

Related links:
http://www.fortpointarts.org/
http://www.bostonconventioncenter.com/

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot, with a pink hotel, a boutique