[alt-photo] Re: Information on Pictorico

George L Smyth glsmyth at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 00:53:33 GMT 2012

Ken -

This is the sort of thing you want:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545009-REG/Pictorico_PICT35011_Premium_OHP_Transparency_Film.html

The Ultra Premium holds more ink than the Premium, but chances are that you will not need that.  When making digital negatives for silver gelatin I need all the help I can get to block the light, but this has not been an issue for me with alternative processes.  The film will have a notch that you will place in the upper right corner when printing - if you try printing on the wrong side you will know, as it smears (don't ask how I know).

I am writing a pamphlet on creating digital negatives and will make it available (free) within the next week or so.  The only thing you will need is a scanner and Photoshop (I have finished the pamphlet, but am adding appendices for those who those who do not have much experience with the program).  Spoiler Alert: You can use someone else's curve as a starting point, but need to do your own testing.  I show how I used someone else's Cyanotype curve as a starting point, and ended up with one that looked almost opposite.

I will try to remember to post here when it is available, but I will certainly post a link to it in the Articles section at http://GLSmyth.com/.

Cheers -

george
Bromoil: http://GeorgeSmyth.com