[Alt-photo] Re: DAS

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Sun Apr 14 10:58:05 UTC 2013

I keep the 3% solution in a brown bottle in a closed cuppoard at (dark)room temperature. I never saw it go bad, even after some months. Mixing an oversaturated solution and decant it for use to have a 3% mix could work, but DAS does not chrystallize as dichromates do. I you shake your oversaturated bottle too much you get a DAS powder dispersion in a saturated solution. But it might works if you handle and decant it carefully.

-k