[alt-photo] Re: I got it!!!!! was Re: Re: Mailman got the job done

Henry Rattle henry.rattle at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 16 16:44:02 GMT 2013

Chris and friends - been away for a few days, but The Book was waiting for
me when I got home. I was expecting it to be good, but this surpasses all
expectations. What really sets it apart from the many others on my shelf is
that we know that Chris has not only been using these techniques, but also
teaching them for years - and I know from experience that students can be
relied upon to find any weaknesses in a (lab) technique, to test all the
variables, and to make all the mistakes that feed into the wisdom of this
book (well, perhaps not ALL the mistakes - I'm sure we'll discover a few
that escaped them).

On top of that, such an inspiring collection of pictures, from alt-friends
all round the world. A masterwork, Chris! And a privilege to be a small part
of it.

Next thing is to see whether your casein chapter helps me improve on my
first spotty/streaky/uneven attempts!

Think how much pleasure you've spread around, Chris - I hope it sells in
thousands. Surely this must be the definitive text for years to come!

With best wishes

Henry

On 16/02/2013 15:35, "Jean Daubas" <jean.daubas at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
hi all alt friends!

Postwoman dropped ³it² this morning, tightly
> sealed in its stiff enveloppe!

Wow...  wonderful job, Chris!  I¹ve just gone
> through : it promises to offer delicious moments of reading and a fantastic
> stimulation for working hard in the dim-room, experimenting new things.

And,
> looking at pictures (just like a child), what a pleasure to find all these
> familiar names whom I had ³met² for years on the list!

Now, 1st step : cover
> the book with some resistant transparent paper so that it will be protected
> against all eventual ³safety hazards² in lightroom (coffee), dimroom
> (chemicals), and darkroom (liquid solutions)

Thanks again for your
> involvement in alt processes, Chris!

Cheers from
> France,