[alt-photo] Re: taking a scalpel to pt/pd spots

Denny dspector at charter.net
Sun Feb 17 21:47:12 GMT 2013

Kerik, I've found I can often mix Chinese white with my normal warm black
pigment and end up with a color that covers the spot in one step.  I also
find that I can mostly avoid spots with some papers by placing the uncoated
sheet of paper on a bright light box before coating, to look for any dark
spots that are "in" the paper.  Those spots invariably become black spots in
the print.

Denny