[Alt-photo] DAS from China

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Wed May 8 11:50:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

I got some offlist questions about the Chinese supplier I found for DAS. Jorj Bauer published this information on the list and that generated some more questions about the company I found. It also appeared that some people had bad experiences with ordering from Chinese companies that turned out to be fraudulent and want to know this company is not.

What I found out until now: doing business with Beyond Industries from Shanghai workes fine for me. I found them by googling for worldwide DAS manufacturers and asked for information and prizes. Their sales representative Evan Tseng is very responsive. So I took the risk and ordered 1 kg. The company manufactures the chemical on a regular base.

Some details:

Product: 4,4'-Diazidostilbene-2,2'-disulfonic acid, disodium salt, tetra hydrate
CAS number:  CAS 2718-90-3
Company website: http://www.beyondindustriesgroup.com/
Representative: Evan Tseng, contact me offlist for direct e-mail address
Payment: has to be done trough Western Union. I did an online credit card payment through westernunion.com.
Shipping: Shipping was done through DHL and was very fast. The parcel passed the Netherlands customs unopened, but that's always a risk you have to consider. The powder itself is light sensitive and should not be exposed to (day)light.
Packaging: They ship it in a black plastic bag, within a sealed silver bag, within a cardboard box.

Current prizes and shipping (quote May 6):

"Our latest price for DAS is as below (without shipping):

1Kg: $385/Kg
10Kg: $320/Kg
100Kg: $310/Kg

Generally speaking, shipping cost to the US and Canada is a little cheaper than that to EU countries. Take 1Kg sample for example, it's $80 to Netherlands but $70 to the US and Canada. It also depends on weight very much. The more the cheaper. "

Risks: The biggest risk I  can foresee is to have your package opened at a customs check in full light.

DAS works with carbon, casein and some synthetic colloïds. It does not work with Gum Arabic.

kees