[Alt-photo] DAS from China

Jorj Bauer jorj at jorj.org
Fri May 31 22:19:27 UTC 2013

Just to follow up to everyone: the DAS from China is great. I'm using a 3% (w/v) solution, 1:1 with acetone, brushed on (because I have existing sheets of carbon) and it works fundamentally the same as a 1.5% of Ammonium Dichromate, 1:1 with acetone, brushed on the same, dried the same, same exposure time.

The ChartThrob curves are very similar. Both are nearly linear, with DAS being closer to linear response. Which makes it easier to use stock negatives without diddling with curves; I'll probably never use this curve.

The two curves are here for anyone that's interested:

	http://www.jorj.org/expire/jorj_carbon_das_6m.acv

	http://www.jorj.org/expire/jorj_carbon_6m.acv

-- Jorj