[Alt-photo] Re: Four color gum

Diana Bloomfield dlhbloomfield at gmail.com
Sun May 26 16:42:02 UTC 2013

Okay, great.  Thanks.  Yes-- I love that look; it does look like a pencil drawing.  I really like BFK Rives and used to use it all the time, with the PVA, but then switched to Fabriano soft-press because that seems to require no additional sizing.  But-- like I said-- I'm going to do everything as stated in the "recipe." ;)  So I'll go back to the Rives for this.  I can't wait to try it.

Yes-- I think that that's a real downside of alt processes--  no matter what you do, it's never easy to get those images to look onscreen as they do in real life.  But I can easily see that you're already getting that same quality.  And I'm hoping the whole spray development technique isn't something that requires years of practice (like making latte designs). ;)

Okay, I just got your other post.  That's helpful.  I look forward to seeing the rest.  When you do get to them, could you post each layer (rather than the final print) as you do them?  I'd love to see that progression.

Thanks, Marek; enjoy your weekend.

Diana