[Alt-photo] Re: 1st attempt

Laura V laura at lavatop.com
Thu Oct 24 11:11:04 UTC 2013

Thanks Diana for your input. I think maybe I did go a little heavy on
the pigment. I did use the Payne's Gray to start with (that image I
posted was taken with a old phone camera so it's probably not that
accurate) and I do remember having staining problems with blues like
Pthaylo and Prussian, so perhaps the mix will help that.

I'll have to search for Chia's posts in the archives. I had the pleasure
of visiting her at her studio when I visited Gothenburg in 2007. It was
the first time I had seen a gum print in person and I was so grateful
for that opportunity. At the time, I was unsure whether gum was the
process for me, but after seeing her work I was so inspired. I have a
tiny print of hers on my wall, just a simple vase with a flower, but it
has - something - I love it!

Laura