[Alt-photo] Replacement paper for Arches Aquarelle

Gareth Jarvis jarvis.photography at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 14:30:34 UTC 2014

Hi All, I've been having some clearing issues with Arches Aquarelle for a while now when platinum printing. I'm having to clear first in hydrocholoric and then EDTA to remove the remaining ferric. This is causing a discouloured mottling in the paper which is only evident while the print is wet and translucent or held up to light once it's dried. You can't observe it when the paper is dried otherwise. I was wondering whether anybody out there knows of a paper with similar characteristics I might change to that might fare better.

Cheers,
Gareth