Re: Out of business? Was Re: The Silverprint Catalog

Mike Ware (mike@mikeware.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:34:16 +0000

Luis Nadeau wrote:

>I have not been able to get replies from Silverprint in London for many
>months now. I heard that they were having financial difficulties and were
>going out of business. Can anyone confirm this?

Not in fact. I visited the Silverprint premises about two weeks ago and saw
every evidence of an expanding business. The introduction of new
computer-based stock control may have caused a slight hiatus, but the only
thing they were unable to supply me with was one of Luis's books (8~>

And, BTW, someone of his experience really should know better than to
broadcast mischievous hearsay like this.

Silverprint are grateful for all the interest shown on this List, and ask
me to say that the catalogue which received Judy's rave review is currently
being revised and the new issue will be out in February. They will also
soon be 'on-line', and then able to defend themselves against electronic
canards.

Mike