Re: Gum prints with an enlarger (UV loss)

deadcat (dmorrish@beothuk.swgc.mun.ca)
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:17:54 -0330 (NST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996 SCHRAMMR@wlsvax.wvnet.edu wrote:

..it would
> be difficult to remove the IR and not the UV, but I suppose it might
> be possible. The other problem is that ordinary glass absorbs UV, so
> you would have to have an enlarger lens made of pure quartz and for that
> matter the condenser lens would also have to be made of quartz. That
> could get very costly.
>
> Bob Schramm

Does this mean that the glass used over my Cool Whites (or others'
Daylight, or BL) as well as any glass used in contact printing frames, or
vacuum tables are causing an appreciable loss of UV?

Dave Morrish
Dept of Visual Arts
Sir Wilfred Grenfell College
Memorial University of Newfoundland