Re: Carbon Printing/Daylight Tubes

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 00:38:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, s carl king wrote:
> in fact I read somewhere and have approximately been able to verify
> the results, that 117 units of potassium dichromate can be substituted
> for 100 units of ammonium dichromate in the same solution to give
> equivalent results ......

What do you mean by "same solution"?

Do you mean adding that many units by weight of the dry powder to a given
amount of water?

Or do you mean mixing an emulsion substituting 117 units by volume of a
saturated solution of potassium dichromate for 100 units by volume of a
saturated solution of ammonium dichromate? That would be more liquid, so
you'd have to adjust amounts of pigment and/or gum to get equivalent speed
and color density.

That's for gum printing. If you mean "same solution" for *carbon
printing,* I'll believe anything you say.

Judy