Re: Registration

gayster alain (gayster@micronet.fr)
Wed, 8 May 1996 19:18:07 +0200 (MET DST)

Peter Marshall wrote In-Reply-To:
<960507092419_101522.2625_IHK79-4@CompuServe.COM>

><< Magic Tape which has low but sufficient tack and has the advantage of
>leaving almost no trace on the final print.as it very translucent. >>
>
>Terry, Magic Tape is almost good enough but does show. I used to use
>something called Crystal tape which is absolutely clear - I don't know if it
>is still available. Possibly a bit tackier than Magic - I used to stick it
>on my trousers first to lower the tack!
>
>Peter Marshall

Well,
I use another way to register my gums multiple printings. I made a board of
registration from a plate of plywood.
I use a drilling-machine, usully employed in office to punch papers in
order to class them.
If you want to build one, you take a board of plywood bigger than your
paper, and you drive holes in it. The holes must be bigger than the shanks
you have to insert in them. In order to assure a perfect parallelism between
the pieces of metal, you have to insert them in a stacking of cardboard
punched with the punching-machine. Then, you insert the shanks in the holes,
and you put an epoxy resin, like Araldite (tm), in the holes. When hard, you
can polish the back of the board.
To register, you punch the negative and then the paper. That one must have
been passed in hot water to avoid subsequent shrinking. You can tape the
negative and the paper with the tape used by house-painters to protect
windows glasses. When taped for a while, it does not let any particle of
glue on the paper.

Alain Gayster.

MicroNet, l'Internet partout en France...http://www.MicroNet.fr