Copy of: Anoraks

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
25 Jun 96 18:52:06 EDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: TERRY KING, 101522,2625
TO: INTERNET:JKSchreibe@aol.com, INTERNET:JKSchreibe@aol.com
DATE: 25/06/96 20:05

RE: Copy of: Anoraks

Keith says

I guess out here in the desert I've
> ever seen a nerd, techie, zonie, etc in an anorak.

Peter's explanations are accurate but I do not agree that the language we use
should be easy of international understanding. A quick trip to the dictionary
helps make the world smaller. I enjoy Jim's personal language and Judy's
yinglish and Luis's colourful use of local idiom.

I can understand why Keith sees no anoraks in the desert but we tend to see them
on the end of railway station platforms on train spotters collecting engine
numbers even in the snow for which the Inuit have many many words. But there is
not the need for many words for either anoraks or snow in the desert.

Terry