Instructors & Formaldehyde

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
30 Jun 96 17:42:45 EDT

Subject: Terry and Judy Show

Bob

>Just a note to let them know how much I am being amused by the dialog.
>However, what was that remark about photography instructors? Hmmmmmmmm.

I know that there are fine photographic schools that teach history,
appreciation, understanding and technique so that students emerge from these
insititutions as rounded human beings capable of earning a living from
photography so that they may repay their student loans. I have given to
understand that there are others that do not. It has been suggested to me that
an over-emphasis on theory in the course content has led to a modicum of
dissatisfaction in certain quarters to the extent that departments have closed
down with reduced opportunity to spread the word of the gummists and similar
smudgers. Such people and their work are, of course, close to our hearts.

As to ossein, ten of my students bought 56 pounds of the stuff as they could see
that it works.

Furher constituents of the anorakotype, first version, are that it must be fuzzy
and flat but that the instructor and the student must both believe that it sharp
and tonally beautiful. There must also be lots and lots of words that should
either be meaningless or state the obvious in over-blown terms. Marks will also
be deducted for originality.

Any one found using creativity will be immediately suspended and the working
areas will be decontaminated by UPS at immense extra cost.

Anorakotype II , the Roman numerals are important, is produced, in dishes that
sparkle, from constituents measured to three places of decimals in a mixture of
avoirdupois and metric. Autofocus masks and computerised gloves must be worn at
all times.

As to formadehyde, has anybody checked out Aldrich at 414 273 3850 in Milwaukee.
They supply responsibly in the UK without all the problems that US persons seem
to be having.

Terry