Re: Instructors & Formaldehyde

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Tue, 02 Jul 1996 13:43:23 +1000

This message bounced. Note the original sender.

----------------------<included message follows>------------------------

From: Barnaby Cox <101444.1742@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Jul 96 19:17:35 EDT
Subject: Re: Instructors & Formaldehyde

Judy,
You replied to Terry's posting thus:
>> As to ossein, ten of my students bought 56 pounds of the stuff as
>> they could see that it works.

> And what do these students think is a gum print? Something you spray
> and hose?

What has ossein to do with gum printing development techniques?
Ossein is simply great stuff for sizing and using to produce pigment and
pigment transfer prints.
Granted it can be used to protect the individual layers of a gum built
up of multiple coats and developed by brush, spray etc, surely a gum
print is something you produce by whatever means to achieve the desired
result.
The current English summers and our lovely water companies make spraying
parched gardens with a hose an offence never mind photos.

It seems you are calling a spade a fork.

Luv Barney