Re: Gum Arabic and Baum»

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:32:43 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Pascal MIELE wrote:

> >I guess my question is *how* incorrect it would be when studio temp goes
> >up or down 10 degrees F. Would the information be still in ballpark for
> >printing purposes or meaningless?
>
> It's a very good question, after a long search in my documentation...
> I have just this answer: the specific density (Beaum=E9) change with
> temperature (no atmospheric pressure) but how much, no reponse !
>

> Pascal MIELE Atelier photographique MIELE
> ------------ 8 place P. et M. CURIE
> 64150 MOURENX FRANCE

The change in specific gravity of a given material would depend on its
coefficient of expansion relative to the temperature change. In other
words, different for different materials. I believe though, that a
change of 10 degrees F would have a minimal effect for the instances we
are concerned with.

John