Re: Homemade Pigment Tissue?

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 23:41:32 -0400

At 03:44 PM 960801 +1000, Luis wrote:

>I was referring to the Final Transfer paper, i.e., that on which the
>image remains permanently. Fixed-out photo papers work wonderfully with
>that, just like Sandy King reports in a separate message.

This is an excellent use for old paper that has aged past possible use. (I
know - there is an almost unused box of 16x20 photo paper that,
unfortunately, was left out in a very hot non-air-conditioned garage for
several months. Useless for printing, but your idea of using it for final
transfer sounds great.) Some dealers (not many anymore, I'm afraid) have old
outdated paper that you can usually buy at a very economical price. Also,
you could probably recycle old prints by bleaching out the image and washing
thoroughly. (For those of you who may be too young to remember (!) you can
bleach the prints with color bleach + fixer, color bleach/fix, or Farmer's
reducer - potassium ferricyanide in plain hypo.)

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net