Re: "alternative"

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 21 Sep 96 20:22 BST-1

Marilyn

I've no interest in beating you, but I'm sorry you did not feel able to ask
for help when you didn't find what you wanted in the archive. I'm sure had you
done so various people here would have rushed to your help.

This is the most helpful and supportive list I belong to - by so far
that I find the kind of comments that have been made unbelievable.

Even those who can be a little acerbic in their comments you will soon find
really going well out of their way to help you.

Obviously any forum of this type would simply gum up and become completely
useless if we answered the same questions every week. Being told to look in
the archive isn't an unfriendly comment. The information you are looking for
is almost certainly there and if you can't find it people will help.

I've also found that some questions that haven't got an answer here have been
answered by contributors to the list by private mail. This is of course a much
better way to deal with many of the recurring questions and at the same time
save overloading the list.

There are also a number of FAQs to which people can (and are referred). I
think some of these are regularly posted - they may even come in a 'welcome'
message you get when you join.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/