Re: Presentation of alt. prints

David Morrish (dmorrish@beothuk.swgc.mun.ca)
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 21:41:57 -0230 (NDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Kevin Won wrote:

> I recently moved, and, while hanging my Pd. prints thought what a shame it is
> that the glass creates a reflection, where one of the greatest qualities of
> Pd/Pt prints (and for that matter, most all of the alt. processes) is their
> unique tactile quaility. Sure, glass creates a certain museum mystique--a
>>>snip<<<
> So I'm thinking of removing the glass. . .
> Does anyone have similiar experiences our alternitive ways of displaying alt.
> prints, >>>>snip<<<

I seem to remember a product on the market called Denglas. This was
supposed to be invisible with little or no glare or reflections, making
the viewing of artwork under glass seem unobstructed by glass. I seem to
remember that it was a coated glass, not unlike modern eyeglasses, and
was therefore very expensive. I do not know if it is still available or
where. Maybe someone else does??? I would be very hesitant in leaving an
absorbant surface such as most alt.process work open to the atmosphere,
dust, fingers, bugs, etc.
Maybe a fram with a hinged front which opens for viewing? ;-)

Dave Morrish
Sir Wilfred Grenfell College
Newfoundland, Canada