Re: Presentation of alt. prints

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 25 Sep 96 18:07 BST-1

<< > Maybe a fram with a hinged front which opens for viewing? ;-) >>

Actually went to an event a couple of weeks ago where one of the photographers
present was showing his work in devices of this type. It makes the viewing of
pictures into a quite different event of course - you have to approach each
picture, open the case look and close it. I found it tedious and precious!

One way to avoid many problems is to display work in display cases rather than
frames. I haven't tried it properly, but increasing the frame depth so that
there is a largish gap between glass and picture seems to help - sort of
part-way towards the display case.

I have looked at 'anti-reflective glass' and never found anything I'd want to
look at my pictures through. The clearest and least coloured material I've
ever found has been some specially clear acrylic, but the reflections from
this were more annoying than glass as the surface always curves slightly.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/