Re: Ink jet and alt / platinum in the woods

auer (auer@azstarnet.com)
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 13:28:13 -0700

rosebud wrote:

> re:
> > Just give me a small 25 ml bottle of potassiumchloroplatinite, some=20
> > EDTA, a contact frame and send me off to the woods. Use a little sun,
> > a clear sparkling stream if necessary
>
> Would you mind doing that downstream of me?<G>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Darryl

Hi Darryl,

I will keep that in mind next time I am in the woods. Speaking more
practically regarding enviornmental impact, I am convinced that
platinum/palladium printing using thin papers, EDTA and distilled water
to clear is a most non toxic process.

EDTA is a chealating agent used and approved by the FDA for human use
in the elimination of lead from the body. It very effectively removes
the ferrous and other metals as a clearing agent in p/p printing. A few
papers like Arches Platine have difficulty in using this product alone.

If you use thin stationary papers like Cranes Ecru 100% cotton
watermarked paper, it will clear in two or three minutes. More time
is just insurance. A wash in distilled water (distilled because it is
more active in attracting minerals. Several tray fulls will work
great. No necessity of long wash times.