Myths that will not die (was Dmax Blues)

Judy Seigel ( jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 06 January 1997 5:08 PM

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Richard Sullivan wrote:

> My test prints were fairly weak to begin with but I used the old trick
> of adding on capful (approx 15 ml) of 3% household hydrogen peroxide to
> a liter of water and putting the print into this for a few seconds. It
> immediately goes dark blue. I noticed that as they dry they also will
> darken but the hydrogen peroxide seems to greatly improve the dmax. I

Sorry Richard, it doesn't. Tear a print in half, "intensify" one half in
hydrogen peroxide, let the other half just dry. Put both away for a week
and then join them. And don't ever trust "seems" again.

I'm really (bleeped) on this because I have said that SO many times.
Nobody listens to me.

Judy