Re: Myths that will not die (was Dmax Blues)

Kevin Crombie ( kcrombie@montreal.com)
Tue, 07 January 1997 11:35 AM

At 10:08 07/01/97, Judy Seigel wrote:
>On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Richard Sullivan wrote:
>>
>> My test prints were fairly weak to begin with but I used the old trick
>> of adding on capful (approx 15 ml) of 3% household hydrogen peroxide to
>> a liter of water and putting the print into this for a few seconds. It
>> immediately goes dark blue. I noticed that as they dry they also will
>> darken but the hydrogen peroxide seems to greatly improve the dmax. I
>
>Sorry Richard, it doesn't. Tear a print in half, "intensify" one half in
>hydrogen peroxide, let the other half just dry. Put both away for a week
>and then join them. And don't ever trust "seems" again.

I had always understood that while hydrogen peroxide "intensifying" is
useful for test strips (for those of us unable to judge how a print will
look in a week) it affects the long term life of the print, i.e. shortening
it considerably.

Kevin Crombie e-mail: kcrombie@montreal.com
387 rue Villeneuve est voice: (514) 849-7601
Montreal, P.Q. H2T 1M1