Re: ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS digest 788

ewa@gis.net ( ewa@gis.net)
Thu, 09 January 1997 6:19 PM

> Topic No. 5
>
> Date: 97 09Jan00:33:42 EST
> From: ie AJodllen <74160.3410@CompuServe.COM>
> To: "List, alt-photo-process" <ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS@CSE.UNSW.EDU.AU>
> Subject: Re: light table
>
> >I remember reading in a discussion here of someone building a
> >light table. ( I've been lurking for awhile now) The discussion
> >seemed to center around light sources. My question is: Is there
> >someplace I can find a How-to on building the whole thing? I
> >will be using this light table for gum printing. I don't have a
> >clue where to start to pick out wood, ballasts, or even nails
>
> First, you should review the list archives to pickup what information has
> already been posted on this subject. Then head for the hardware store. Buying
> prebuilt fixtures and modifying these is usually the most cost effective since
> they contain everything needed to light the tube. Buying the parts (ballasts,
> starters, sockets,...) individually seems to be the more expensive route. I
> have found that a ballast alone usually costs as much or more than a complete
> tube fixture.
>
> A box to put it all in is probably not that critical as long as it doesn't get
> too hot. A lumber supply store should be able to help here.
>
> - Wayde Allen
> (74160.3410@compuserve.com)

Jodie,

The Palladio co. 617-393-0814 fax 617-393-0817 email palladio@napc.com
just sent me a very nice 24 pg instruction manual for their products.
"Instructions for Printing on Palladio Paper" (platinum/palladium)

includes complete instructions for constructing an inexpensive AND a
more elaborate fluorsent units, diagrams etc. also data on sun ,
sunlamps, burn dodge and much other usefull stuff. Might help.
Cheers:-) eido

----------philippe.monnoyer@fundp.ac.be Thu 09 Jan 6:33 1997