Re: What UV lamp available around France

Judy Seigel ( jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 09 January 1997 5:21 PM

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997 SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:
> Even if you
> cannot find a special FL bulb that produces a lot of UV, you can use a
> regular fluorescent tube since all such tube produce a certain amount of
> UV. Its just that your exposures will be a lot longer.
>
> Bon chance et amusez-vous,
> Bob Schramm

I don't think it's very amusez-vous trying to print cyanotype with a
"regular" fluorescent bulb, because it doesn't, though all else failing
you can expose dichromates (& I gather also pd/pl) with the *daylight*
fluorescent. These will I know print gum, though slower and
contrastier. I would assume however fluorescent bulbs for aquariums would
be available.... In states they average around 415 nm and are fine for
all "alt-photo" UV processes.

Judy