RE: Sort of Satista

Peter Marshall ( j.r.anderson@mds.qmw.ac.uk)
Thu, 16 January 1997 2:25 AM

Carlos - it doesn't work like this. The reaction simply slows a little as the
silver ions get used up - there isn't a variation in the prints produced as
the reaction is taken more or less to completion. Of course like most other
developers you don't use it for ever.

> > All my tests indicate that all image forming salts can be put in the
> =
> > sensitizer.
> > A developer without image forming salts is much easier to prepare and
> =
> > control.
>
> Peter said:
>
> >There are no problems that I know of in preparing or using the
> developer given
> >here, so I don't understand this.
>
> People developing by imersion will not be able to calculate the rate of
> silver consumption from the developer and will get inconsistent results.
>
> Carlos Gasparinho

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/