Re: precoated cyanotype paper

Peter Marshall ()
Thu, 23 January 1997 12:10 PM

Karen

The idea that one needs a studio to coat cyanotype paper is interesting. You
can do it anywhere where there is no strong UV lighting. Any room, classroom.
backyard, field etc. Outdoors at night you may need a torch as well as the
equipment already mentioned, and can collect some interesting insects to add
to your image.

The only process ehere not having a studio has really been a problem to me was
in preparing my own carbon tissue, which was pretty messy. Just had to wait
for the rest of the family to go visiting for a couple of days.

Peter

> Pollmeier Klaus asked:
>
> >> Does anybody know a company still making cyanotype paper on an industrial
> >> scale?
>
> ..and someone replied ...
>
> > Who needs precoated paper?
> >
> >There are quite a few people who have handcoated cyanotype on a large scale
..
> >You just need photographic studio background paper rolls, a bucket and a
yard
> >brush.
>
> Well, unfortunately, some of us don't have a studio setup that allows for
> performing large-scale coating jseigel@panix.com (like me). I think it's an intriguing
question
> and I look forward a reply.
>
> Karen Molloy
>
> kmolloy@pilotsw.com

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/
and: http://www.speltlib.demon.co.uk/