Re: Daguerreotypes

Jeffrey D. Mathias ()
Fri, 24 January 1997 3:27 AM

Jonathan Bailey wrote:

> I'd be interested in knowing if anyone of this list is making (or has ever
> made) dageurreotypes?

John,

The most magnificent Daguerreotypes I have even seen were made by Robert
Shlaer, 3 Moya Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87505, (505)988-4109. (Yes, of all
time.) This was many years ago, so I do not know if he is still at this
address. However, it is likely that someone on the list in Santa Fe
knows were he is.

His work was not only of the highest quality Daguerreotype I have ever
seen, but the images were most wonderful. Some of my favorite included
some trucks and cranes with mounds of gravel bison@dada.it (an unusual subject matter
for a Daguerreotype.)

Being that you are interested in Daguerreotypes, a smart move would be
to contact Robert and try to convince him to teach you.

Jeff