Re: building a pinhole camera

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:12:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Larry Bullis wrote:
> Some workers have solved this problem by buying a big old station wagon
> and filling it to the gills with cameras, each loaded with a single piece
> of film. So cheap and easy cameras are one way out.

Marcia Sheer solved the problem for city shooting by walking around town
with a shopping cart loaded with cameras, although that was only 8x10.
But what about the dread changing bag? Or would that even be possible
with 11x14?

I'll add that I, too, once looked for 11x14 film holders for a pinhole
camera -- and actually found some, at the Tristate Photo Fair in Secaucus.
They were $75 apiece, which struck me as not quite the pinhole ambiance,
but more decisive, they seemed so big and unwieldy I thought better of the
whole operation (just fainthearted I guess).

Judy