Re: Cranes paper

Gary Auerbach (auer@azstarnet.com)
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 16:30:40 -0700

Richard Sullivan wrote:

Their AS8111 has been pretty much
> the same over the years. And for those concerned about the watermark,
> they make a version that has watermark of the Seal of the President of
> the United States embedded in it. Now that would make some classy
> prints! Sorry we can't get any for sale.
>
> Dick Sullivan
> Bostick & Sullivan
> PO Box 16639, Santa Fe
> NM 87506
> 505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857

I have been using this paper for p/p prints for eight years now. It
has a beautiful surface finish. It is ecru in color, very warm.
the watermark is a bother, and I sift thru sheets to get a sheet that
is clear in the crucial area of my prints.

I kind of like that my paper is identifiable. Makes it authentic
Auerbach printed on Cranes. Kind of like Edward Curtis printed
on Van Gelder. Oh well, maybe someday. My only complaint is that it
is only available in 8 1/2 x 11.

Gary Auerbach
http://www.azstarnet.com/platinum