Re: Large Negatives

Eric J. Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:25:54 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Luis Nadeau wrote:

> At 10:43 PM -0700 97/02/06, Eric J. Neilsen wrote:
> >On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Michael Boses wrote:
>
> >Micheal, Kodak's 4127 can (could) be purchased in rolls. It did however
> >require an investment of some $8000.00 US dollars. It is very similar to
> >4125 Pro Copy film.
>
> Not in my experience. Most films are designed to have their contrast
> adjusted considerably through development. 4125 Professional Copy is the
> only exception I know of. It behaves very differently from 4127.

Luis and Micheal, While it is true 4125 does behave differently than
does 4127 in some respects, most notably expands due to exposure, both
have simalar grain and sharpness, both have the same base, both have
excellent tooth for pencil retouch, and both work well with HC110. And
they are both getting harder acquire in large sizes. 4127 will expand
nicely during development. They are more alike than different, certainly
if you match the right positive to the right film, you could not tell them
apart,save for the notch code.

> Luis Nadeau
> nadeaul@nbnet.nb.ca
> Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada