Re: kallitypie fixer

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:21 +0000

> I use a system particular for make some kallitypie:
> I coat with ammonium ferric oxalat and I develop in a bath of silver nitrate
> (2%).
> I have tried to fix in the chloridric(?) acid, in hyposulfit and in the
> sodium sulfit; the yellow bottom remains always.
> Nobody ruled this &"%¤}@ problem?
> Thank you
> marc bruhat

I'm not quite clear how you are doing this Marc. Have you tried using citric
acid solution?

This is one of the developers I've used:

silver nitrate4.0 g
citric acid1.0 g
oxalic acid1.0 g

Use 1 part with 7 parts water.

Development should be complete in about a minute but may be continued longer
if needed.

Rinse for a minute or two in clean water (avoid alkaline water - tap water may
need to be made neutral or slightly acid by the addition of a very small pinch
of citric acid.) and then fix in very weak plain hypo (3 to 4 g in a litre).
Wash and dry.

I didn't get any noticeable staining when I used this. Of course it could
depend on the paper.

Peter Marshall