Re: graphs

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:55:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Greg Schmitz wrote:

> You might try Gnuplot. It's simple, powerful, you can write programs for
> it, the source code is available, it's free, it runs on UNIX (on many
> > > help,
> > >
> > > does anyone know of exsisting software capable of plotting
> > > parametric graphs for densitometry readings or discovered a
> > > way to do so with some existing software package?

etc......

I wonder if Greg, or Red, or whoever, would say a few words about why
computer for this. I've plotted densities to make a graph (or "curve") on
a piece of paper xeroxed from Kodak's chart. It seemed *to me* to be
fairly quick, easy and clear. So are there things simple pencil & paper
doesn't do? Surely it can't be quicker -- can it? (Greg, I think we had
this discussion before & it's just my memory failing. But I'm probably not
the only one wondering.)

Thanks,

Judy