Re: graphs

Eric J. Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 12:13:30 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Judy Seigel wrote:

> I wonder if Greg, or Red, or whoever, would say a few words about why
> computer for this. I've plotted densities to make a graph (or "curve") on
> a piece of paper xeroxed from Kodak's chart. It seemed *to me* to be
> fairly quick, easy and clear. So are there things simple pencil & paper
> doesn't do? Surely it can't be quicker -- can it? (Greg, I think we had
> this discussion before & it's just my memory failing. But I'm probably not
> the only one wondering.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Judy

It might have to done with how one looks at useful information of film
development. Log Curves, etc. If you are just plotting time and
densities, plain graph paper works great, if however, you really like
and fully understand the log curve, some programs will do the logs for
you. I sometimes you harvard graphic to do that. It also provides
another place to store the data, over kill perhaps. It also makes it
easy to include them in text for teaching, sharing, etc. the results
that you achieve.

I may be wrong but some programs will enter the data as it is taken.

A user of both plain paper and computers.

EJ Neilsen
ejnasn@laplaza.org