Re: Contrasty Cyanotypes

Ronald Connelly (ronconn@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:13:28 -0800 (PST)

I used paper I had on hand rather than testing from a wide sample. Luck of
the draw, I guess. I think I'll run over to Daniel Smith this weekend and
go paper shopping. If paper proves to be the culprit, at least I'll know
what to use if I ever do want a contrasty cyanotype.

I think I'll also build a light box. While we do love our rain and our low
flying sun up here in the great wet north -- they keep us artsy-fartsy
types wonderfully morose -- they make printing cyanotypes difficult.

Oh, and Judy, my male ego now tells me I need a crate of step wedges, but
I think I'll swallow the ego and just spring for one or two more. Thanks
for all the good advice.

Ron Connelly