Re: In Defense of Terry

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:24:56 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Terry King wrote:

> Darryl
>
> I have noted your comments.
>
> I would support the view that discussion of 'theory' is not appropriate to
> this list.
>
> Terry

And I would support the view that this message suggests that all our sturm
& drang was in vain -- despite having just said "hear hear" to Peter's
words about calming down "so we can enjoy this place," Terry *still* has
to have the last word, *still* sees fit to declare what is and is not
"appropriate to this list," and still (dread thought) may be utterly
unchanged in the matters that brought this situation to a head.

Talk about the rock at the bottom of the hill! Looks now like it never got
off the ground!

I note, by the way, that there were several things I felt urgently needed
to be said on the situation, but given the urgings of Klaus and company
that we make peace, and the general sense of angst, not to mention my own
angst (and waste of energy), I packed them away (in calcium chloride -- or
is that calcium carbonate?)

Let them be.

Sincerely,

Judy