Re: What's going on???

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 11:58:36 -0500

At 09:15 AM 970405 -0330, you wrote:
>I've not received a message for almost a week now. Has the server shut
>down? What gives? To be sure I get an answer, please send personal
>e-mail, since I'm not sure what part of the whole system is not working,
>and I AM getting other mail. I REALLY miss the list. My life is empty
>without it ;-)

There has been activity, but I think the problem lies in the "From" line -
if you use a mail reader that picks up the address automatically, the
"From" address is what is used, and on this server it's the name of the
individual, not the group. If you see how I have set it up in the
addresses, you will note the group address is copied so that all may see
the msg. If a person ignores this, only the sender of the msg will get a
reply. This undoubtedly contributes to what seems to be a slowdown.

To listowner: think you can get the server to change the addressing? It
seems to be a problem for many.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net