Re: What's going on???

Dennis Klinker (DennisKlinker@denklik.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 18:27:40 +0100

In message <1.5.4.32.19970405163310.006b6990@mail.groovy.gr>, "Dimitris
P." <gparz@odin.groovy.gr> writes
>At 12:56 μμ 5/4/1997 -0330, you wrote:
>>
>>I received the reply so it looks like the list is working, but strangely
>>enough, noone is writing in..... how odd....
>>
>>Dave Morrish
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, James
>>Luciana wrote:
>>
>>> I got the following message but find myself in the same situation. Has
>>> anything happened to the list or are people simply not writing in?

>Snif, snif. I agree. O.K. Let's light the fire here. What if I said that I
>hate Alt-photo processes? May be that would boost the conversation here.
>Mmm... probably not, because everyone knows that everyone here loves
>alt-photo. O.K. Here's a real question (not just for the sake of it): Has
>anyone got a good book to recommend on gum bichromate?
>Luv,
>Dimitris.

Hi Dimitris The books that i can recommend on the Gum Bichromate process
are in order of publication The Alchemists Manual by Dennis Fielding
published in 1996 by Dennis Fielding and Hayden Pugh which is a low tech
book available from Blinking Images Bookshop Oxford Road Hay On Wye
Hereford HR3 5DG U.K. Tel 01497 820171 this has chapters on all most of
the photo alt processes including gum and three coloured gum with
negative production techniques for both but i must mention that he is
anti Gloy. The gum dichromate book by Luis Nadeau ISBN 0-9690841-4-5
1987 is good for its thorough research on the topic.The contemporary
text must be the Gum Bichromate book by David Scopick published by Focal
press in 1991 ISBN0-240-80073-7. This is very thorough and the last is
Photo Aquatint or the gum bichromate process by Alfred Maskell and
Robert Demachy published Hazell Watson and Viney for the Amateur
Photographer Library no 13 1897 in you are interested in photo alt
history as well as image making the chapter on the Artigue process is
enlightening for the enthusiast with it's sawdust development.I would
like to mention that i do not have any commercial interests in the
above. Enjoy
--
Dennis Klinker