Re: Palladium BWK, warmer tones

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 05 May 1997 00:38:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Beakman wrote:

> Finally, I'm not sure whether I want the added warmth of the heated
> developer or not, just yet. But in case I do, does anyone have good
> suggestions for heating the developer up to steaming temp. I have been
> putting a brown plastic half-gallon jug in a water bath, but it gets so
> soft when hot that it makes me nervous. :)

Try sticking one or, depending on volume, two, of those coils sold for
making tea in your hotel room in the tray. Tape them onto the edge.
They'll make developer nice and steamy, but temperature won't be constant.
I also heat things in the "souper" (an electric soup heater daughter had
at college). Surprisingly quick, but again, no temperature control.

Judy