Re: Keeping Things Hot

Eric J. Neilsen (ejnasn@laplaza.org)
Mon, 05 May 1997 18:36:39 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 5 May 1997 Smieglitz@aol.com wrote:

> Recent discussions in the AOL photography message boards indicate a waterbed
> heater placed beneath the trays may be the solution you're looking for.
>
> Warmly,
>
> Joe, I use an old waterbed heater thermostat to control the temp in my
drying box. Since it is intended not to allow the temp to get above 100F
(human body don't like to get to hot) to works great to limit the temp in
my drying box. I have it hooked up to the quartz heater power cord.

As for keeping chems warm, I've been using the Aquarium heater for several
years in a plastic bucket with my brown glass one gallon bottle of
developer. Care must be taken when placing the bottle back so as not to
break the heater.

EJ Neilsen
ejnasn@laplaza.org