Re: cyanotype sighting

Catherine Rogers (crogers@mpx.com.au)
Fri, 09 May 1997 08:05:29 +0000 (GMT)

Richard Sullivan wrote in response to Keith's sighting of a second cyanotype:

> Maybe you're right Keith, but my cynical (cyanical?) side says "Photoshop
> with added brushstroke edges and then mode grayscale colored cyan." It's a

Now, now Richard. So far we've had two whole sightings of cyanotypes out there
in the world. And now cyanocism has put the second one in contention. It's just
too much! (Sigh, sob.)
It would be nice to think that Manhatan Transfer has an appreciation of the
finer things in life which definitely includes cyanotypes as we all well know.

The promise of digital heaven has done a lot to destroy visual evidence. No
longer can we trust our eyes. BUT Oh yes, that's right, I know, the photograph
destroyed that for us the moment of its realization in 1839 (or thereabouts).

Richard, please no more cyanocism, I can't take it!!! I wish you hadn't
actually said it!! What is left to a poor simple trusting soul like me now?

Keep up with the cyanotype sightings everyone! It's OK Keith. I beleive you.

Yours in sadness and blue-ness,
Catherine.