cyanotype sighting

Richard Sullivan (richsul@roadrunner.com)
Tue, 06 May 1997 20:12:21 -0600

<x-rich>>Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 16:18:41 -0700

>From: Keith Schreiber <<KEITH@ccp.arizona.edu>

>Subject: cyanotype sighting

>To: ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS-L@skyway.usask.ca

>Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"

>This morning I saw poster advertizing a concert by the Manhatan

>Transfer which had a reproduction of a cyanotype with brushwork

>showing and a lovely eye-catching royal blue image.

>Cyantifically yours,

>Keith

Maybe you're right Keith, but my cynical (cyanical?) side says "Photoshop with added brushstroke edges and then mode grayscale colored cyan." It's a wonderous world when we have alt-photographic print makers that have never held a coating brush.

I always get a strange knot tieing up my insides when I see the ads in the Image Club catalog for "brush stroke edges."

Dick

<center>Bostick & Sullivan

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857

</center>